How do we empower ourselves as women today Part 6, Women in their 70s and beyond reflect on the life they have and how far they have come. Always looking ahead and still waiting for what live has in store for them.
Reflecting on our achievements and what legacies we will leave behind for our friends and families. Women in this stage of life are so quick to lend a hand, tell a story and give advise. The wisdom of decades of learning and relationships are our treasures and we are more then willing to share. Because we are also ladies we do however like to be asked.
Life in our reflective years Physically active and Nutrition:
- Activity is essential for flexibility. Walking, stretching, yoga and ti chi are just someways to keep fit.
- You are what you eat, so ladies eat foods that are nutritious and delicious low in fat and have all the vitamins you need.
- Fluids are so much apart of your of your nutritional needs, as we age our body till needs fluids this does not mean you need to drink 8 glasses of water. Women consume fluids in so many foods they eat. Juices, coffee, sauces, milk and teas are fluids that we enjoy.
- Skin, at this time of our lives we know every inch of our bodies. Check with your physician if you see any change in skin or moles.
- Mammogram, internal exam with pap test, bone density test, fecal occult blood test, rectal exam, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy
- Vision exam, hearing exams, semiannual dental exams and cleaning
- Blood work; Cholesterol panel( LDL, HDL and triglycerides), Diabetes check(fasting blood glucose, liver panel (for anyone taking certain maintenance medication)
The relationship with your doctor by now is straight forward, you should discus all medications, side effects and treatment with your physician so as you get to the next stage you are well aware of what is going to happen next.
- Tetanus once every ten years
- Influenza yearly
- Pneumococcal one time only
- Herpes zoster vaccine one time only
I know that most of are taking care of ourselves the best that we can. I know all us know at least one women that can benefit from what we know. Things that we take for grant-it may help someone. Share information in light conversation has help me with a lot of health issues.Comparing notes with others is one way to keep on top of chronic health issues. I do however discus all treatments, testing and alternatives with my physician and I encourage you to do the same.
There are great resources in printed materials at all health care offices you can all so look things up on the internet.
I am so glad I did these article on empowering ourselves as women, our health is our greatest treasure. We can not be who we truly are and want to be to with out health.
God has granted me a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him…what is so immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for me and all who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength. Ephesians 1:17, 19